Saturday, June 25, 2011

Update: BGAMES Weekly Board Game Group

Michael here,

So as Heather and I continue to work on getting a weekly board game group going we have come up with the group name and we wanted to get everyone's opinion.

We have decided to call the group BGAME. Board Game Addicts Memorable Entertainment.

What do you think?

I realize this is probably the least important aspect of getting a group up and running but it has been fun.

I am thinking that we will hold the group every Friday night starting at 7pm at our church builiding. There will not be any overhead and lots of space to have tables and open areas. We could even divide up into seperate rooms if we wanted.

There may be some Fridays that the church building will be in use, but for the most part it should be free and clear.

I was also able to get added to the meetup group Chicago Game Lovers as an assistant orginizer so that I can add the gaming group to their calender.

I am thinking about starting a website up to post video reviews and information on the gaming group. I'm not sure if I can afford to do this right now but I have noticed that a lot of other gaming groups seem to utilize websites.

I'm not sure if I have everything covered that I should yet, but I would love feedback from all of you and any reccomondations that you can provide.

Thanks!

For more about board games feel free to visit my BGG homepage at  http://boardgamegeek.com/user/spikemike01

No comments:

Post a Comment