Saturday, June 18, 2011

IRS is a Hassle :(

In 2008 my wife and I bought our first home in Las Vegas, Nevada. It was a beautiful home in Mountains Edge, which is in the southwest part of the valley. We qualified for the first home-buyer credit when we filed our 2008 taxes and so we took it.



When we took the new home buyer money we also agreed to stay in the house for 3 years. 

Well... I was transferred to Chicago at the end of last year. Only 2.5 yeas after buying the house. OOPS!

We received a letter from the IRS recently that stated the obvious. We owe the IRS a Lot of money. 

What to do? Hmmmmm.....

Sale some of my game collection?

           
NO!  

So...

I have a 2001 Toyota Tacoma. It is hard for me to say if it is more of a need or a convenience.  My Wife has a 2007 Subaru Forester, which drives great. We could sale the truck and go down to one car. I would prefer not, but the cash that we could gain from the Truck sale would take care of the IRS. 

Solution:




Truck SOLD :(

I figure I would rather hassle with the inconvenience of being a one car household than sale any games!

Now the hard part. Use the money to pay off the IRS without buying any more games.


1 comment: