Friday, June 24, 2011

Outdoor Games?

I am going to deviate a little from my usual board game post to talk a about outdoor games.

I don't know about you, but my wife and I have never really been exposed to outdoor games.

With it being summer and the weather nice enough to be outside we were finally given the oppotunity to learn some.


Living in Las Vegas for most of my life has not been condusive to outdoor gaming.

If you are outside in Vegas you are usually driving somewhere or getting into the pool.

I feel that outdoor games are more popular in regions of the country that are usually cooler than 100 degress out, although I could be wrong?

So,

My wife and I were taught how to play Ladder Ball and Corn Hole or Bean Bag Toss.

Both, being quite similar in their scoring and play method.


For those who do not know, both games utilize throwing as the main mechanic. Eye-Hand coordination is important.

Each team is given the oppotunity to throw either a bean bag or a rope, with balls connected to the end, depending on whether you are playing Corn Hole or Ladder Ball. You gain points depending on how the object lands. Your team wants to reach 21 points first without going over. If you go over you lose points equal to the amount over 21. For example, if your team has 19 points and you score 3, you would then have a score of 18.


Although having good eye-hand coordination is important in these games I found them to be entertaining and simple. I feel that they are great party/picnic type games.

Great for when you have family over that have children who are not condusive to board gaming.

I found both of these to be enjoyable and thus spurred my interest in posting about them. My main interest is in knowing form you,



What other outdoor games are their that my wife an I have not been introduced to?

No comments:

Post a Comment