Monday, June 27, 2011

Earth Reborn!!



Michael Here...

So a few weeks ago I ordered Earth Reborn http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/73171/earth-reborn from Tanga. I started noticing that a bunch of retailers were having great deals on the Z-Man Games board game.

I am going to go off on a little tangent...

I have not ever ordered from Tanga before but was excited about their prices!!! I quickly lost my excitement due to a couple of different reasons.

     1. It took Tanga over 2 weeks just to process my order and another half week for it to be picked up from the warehouse and shipped. Then to find out that it shipped from Chicago. LOL!! A 45 minute drive for me to just go and pick it up.

          I am not sure why it takes Tanga so long to process their orders?

     2. Tanga did not put any type of packing materials in the box that they used so I recieved a game that had a dented corner.

I do realize that I am sounding a little anal, but I guess I have become quite spoiled by the customer service of online board game stores like boardsandbits.com and coolstuffinc.com.

O.K.

Back to Earth Reborn...

I am really excited to get a play or two in. I have read a lot of great reviews on the game and have had a chance to read through the rule book. The game has a lot of different mechanics to it but the way that Z-Man organized the rulebook seems to make learning the game really easy.

I am planning to due an in-depth review, including photos, of the game once I have had a couple plays under my belt.

So far this game reminds me of a Space Hulk or Descent. The game play, dice and one-side versus the other mentality seem to resemble many of the adventure or dungeon crawling games.

I am really excited to get together with some gamers, including Heather :), and give it a play!

No comments:

Post a Comment